PAWS R US (SA) is an Animal Rescue and Re-homing Group, and a registered Non-Profit Company (NPC). We are currently in the process of registering as a Public-Benefit Organisation (PBO).
Our non-profit company registration details are: Reg no 2013/209587/08 (PRU Canine Rescue and Re-home).
We operate in the companion animal welfare sector in South Africa and focus specifically on the rescue, shelter, networking and re-homing of rescue dogs. Our core operation is based at our Midrand facility (JHB). We also make use of a voluntary network of approved Gauteng-based foster homes.
We have branched into a variety of social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn) in order to achieve the following objectives:
- Build the PAWS R US (SA) name and reputation, and our donor/supporter base, so that we have a stronger foundation of support and resources from which to rescue, shelter, network and re-home animals in need.
- Showcase our rescues who are featured in our adoption albums so that they have as much opportunity as possible to be seen and networked, and find their foster or forever homes.
- Educate and inform society re the plight of companion animals and the many serious challenges that need to be overcome in order to create a better world for us all
If you link up with us on any of these social media platforms, we ask that you become an active participant in harnessing the power of social media for the well-being of those in need. Therefore, we ask you to please SHARE all the furry ones so that they may get as much exposure as possible – every share sends out a ripple of hope, and improves their chances of finding their forever homes. We all have the power and ability to bless a life.
We have to raise and generate our own funds every month in order to:
- Support our rescues in kennels
- Purchase quality food for our orphans
- Pay our monthly kenneling bills
- Pay our monthly rescue vet bills
- Pay the wages for our kennel staff
You will therefore see us posting appeals from time to time based on specific rescue cases, as well as posting information re our debit order system, our Payfast account, our Snapscan system, our products for sale, our SMS line, our monthly kennel sponsorship options and our other fundraising events and projects. All of these efforts are geared towards making sure that we can take care of the rescue dogs in our care.
Let it never be said that we chose to do nothing, when we have the talents, and the passion, and the ability to do something.
THANK YOU for your interest and your support!